There is no way of hiding it, we truly are a circus around here most of the time! As each week passes we seem to get a little better. (I think.) Our first couple of nights were just madness though. If one of the boys would cry in the middle of the night, the other one would wake up and then Kev would try to get Cohen back to sleep and I would take care of Truman. There were a few nights that I just decided to sleep with Truman in the guest room downstairs. This way at least Cohen and Kev could get a good nights rest. Don't worry we've gotten past that. We are still trying to find a rhythm with two boys. Eating, bathing & feeding schedules have gotten tricky. I am always feeling bad for Cohen because I feel like all I do is hold and feed the new baby. I just hope that I am giving both of them the attention that they need. We are adjusting and learning that's for sure! I salute all of you mothers that have lots of kids(meaning any more than 1!)!! I don't know how you do it.
Baby Truman sleeping peacefully.
He won't be sleeping peacefully much longer...his older brother loves to kiss him. Which can be kind of scary for mommy because Cohen can be kind of a brut and sometimes he smothers him.
This is Truman in his "take home outfit" the day that we brought him home from the hospital. One of his favorite "aunties" bought him this darling little outfit! It is preemie size and it's still too big. Note to all moms-to-be: Buy at least a few outfits in preemie size, so that baby will
have something to wear for the first 2 or so weeks. Truman will be 4 weeks this Tuesday and this outfit is just now fitting him good.



7 comments:
I was wishing that you would update soon! Keep them coming. He is adorable. I can't even imagine two! Wow! You'll have to let me know all the secrets. Glad it was you first this time. :)
Cohen is so cute. I love that he loves his baby so much. What a blessing.
Congrats again. What a fun time.
Love,
Lish
I am already missing those two little boys! Thanks for letting us hang out over Thanksgiving. Truman is ADORABLE and Cohen is just as sweet as ever. I loved watching Tom and Cohen play together and seeing the look on my boys face when they held Truman. I wish we lived closer to each other!
AMY... YOU WILL FIGURE IT OUT.. I PROMISE.. we all do... :) He is adorable.. we sure have a lot of little ones heading this way this next year.. how fun is that.. and most of them so far are boys... can you imagine the christmas party in 3 years with all these little boys running around.. fun stuff...
You are amazing! Just keep lovin those boys like you do! You are such a good Momma! I can't wait to see that sweet baby Truman! What a blessing he is to your family. Love you, Amy!
Preemie? I wish! My big brutes came home in size 2T. Just joking. But, seriously, I could never have put my kids in a preemie outfit. I feel like I missed out on part of their baby-hood, because they were born so big. I hope my grandkids (which will be years away) are tiny and cute.
Just so everyone knows, I was at Kevin and Amy's house over Thanksgiving weekend and her Christmas decorations were already up (mine were not), her house was clean (I'm sure mine did not look that good), it was 10 o'clock in the morning and she was showered WITH makeup, Cohen was clean and dressed, and that beautiful man, Truman, was content and fast asleep in my arms. I'd say Amy, you're doing a fantastic job and just enjoy the time, even if it is hectic, messy, a little tiring, etc.. One day, we will miss it (or so my mom says as I sob to her that I can't do it!).
Heather is being WAY too nice! And stretching the truth. You should have seen her and the girls and they had already been out for breakfast and had come down from S.L.C.
We really loved seeing you girls. Thanks for coming down!!
Love you!
Post a Comment