Sunday, September 26, 2010

SHE is here!!

 Our sweet little girl came into our family on August 5, 2010. Kevin had me questioning the sex of the baby until the very end. So, when Dr. Watabe delivered her, he was quick to let me know that baby was indeed a GIRL!! Thank goodness! (If you saw her room you would understand why I didn't really want the surprise of a boy!) We went in at 6 am for a scheduled c-section. Our nurses were so wonderful. Kevin was of course entertaining them with his quick wit! Who doesn't enjoy a good sense of humor that early in the morning?! I think the kicker was when he "suited up" to be able to come into the delivery room. The thing was a one piecer(which totally had us both laughing already!), and once he finally managed to wedge into it... the facing in the fabric made the collar stand up like an Elvis collar! So needless to say he started busting out his best Elvis impersonation and singing "I'm All Shook Up!" I thought our nurses were going to die laughing when they walked back into the room and witnessed this! They wanted Kevin to do the same song and dance in the O.R. for the doctors viewing and listening pleasure! Kevin said he'd be more than happy to if they could give us some a discount on the cost of the delivery! Re-telling this story almost makes me forget that I had to be jabbed with a giant needle in the back about 15 times! The spinal tap was not working. Don't worry it finally worked and the minute I began to ask if it had worked, Kevin informed me that they had already made the incision!! From there, it was really great! All went well and baby came out healthy and beautiful! I could not get over the feeling of how blessed we had been! 3 healthy children!! I felt SO grateful and as usual was completely overcome with joy and emotion!! It was an amazing morning and has been an even more amazing 6 weeks!!! She is a little sweetie! She is getting showered with love from everyone, especially her older brothers! They cannot get enough of her! They want to see her every second she is awake and give her kisses and hold her! Truman just says, "wuv miwwie!" all day long! Cohen tells me about a thousand times every day that he loves his sister. "I love her mom, I do. She's so cute and beautiful! I love my "princess warrior"!!"



Without further ramblings, here are her stats.


MILLIE

7lbs 6oz
18 inches






8 comments:

Sydney said...

I am so glad she is a sweet baby! I would love to have all of you over for lunch this month. I just figured we would wait about 2 weeks so things get a little settled for Briti.

Great Basin Cowgirl said...

Congratulations, you guys! We sure are happy to hear that she arrived safely and that you all are well. She is beautiful!

It all began here said...

Amy, what a darling post. Millie is an angel. So sweet, can precious. She is a beautiful baby girl. Yay for girls!

Amberlee said...

Amy she is so beautiful. I have been checking for blog updates. Thanks for sharing. Hope all is well.

aironn said...

I can't wait to hold her in a week. She is so beautiful! Don't worry, I'll also flirt back with my little man Truman and quiz Cohen about school but there is something about that niece that has me counting the minutes!

Camille McDermott said...

She is so adorable and we love the pictures. I can totally see Kevin in those lovely blue suits and cracking up the nurses. We love you guys and let us know if you need anything.

Titus Fam said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Oh, how exciting. We're so happy for you guys. I still am so sad we didn't get to see you this summer. We love you and wish your cute little family the very best.
Love,
Em

Brooke and Justin said...

She is beautiful! Iloved your delivery story! What a fun memory. Ihope you and baby are good and healthy!