I love reading about the baby during each week of pregnancy! It is all just completely fascinating to me! So here is what is happening with baby at 16 weeks.
Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.
In just 4 weeks we will be able to find out the gender! I can't wait! That is such a thrill! I have no idea if it is a boy or a girl and I don't want to guess. I was convinced that Cohen was a girl up until the ultra-sound and even then I was second guessing the technician and the doctor. So this time I will just wait and see.
What do you think we are having?
Should I post the names that we are considering and take polls?




10 comments:
it's a boy and I am not even going to tell you top post names because they will either be joking names, or you won't tell people. I have played this game before with you and kev. but it's a boy!!!
I think it's a boy too! Cohen needs a buddy. I am so excited for you!!
Lish and Laura don't know what they are talking about. It's a girl and her name is Lauren.
bonnie is crazy!!!
It's a boy and his name is Kaden.
I think it is a girl and you should name her Chloe. I think that name is sooooo cute and don't know anyone else that has EVER talked about using it!
okay. I sort of changed my mind. I love the name Chloe, too. Do you know that we have a great-great-great grandma (from Sweden) whose name was Chloe? If I had another girl she could have been named Chloe. Chloe Bishop. That's cute. Aironn is smart.
thanks to all for these great ideas! we know for sure that we want to use names from my side of the family this time. if it is a boy then we will use my grandpa floyds name for the middle name. he is pretty much my hero! and if we have a girl, we will use a name from my grandma sharons side--she has lots of great names actually.
Amy, I think you are on the right track, but need a little direction, how about Tabode (Tami, Bonnie, Debbie) or Debota (Debbie, Bonnie, Tami) OR Botade (Bonnie, Tami, Debbie). If you put the accent on the right syllable, they aren't too bad. Just a thought!
Love You ~
Deb
Debota Bishop it is!!!!!!!!!! that sounds REAL NICE together. thank goodness i have you and your great ideas! thanks!
Actually amy.. Bart and I talked it over.... YODA it is... Boy or Girl.... Yoda Bart ( boy ) Yoda Care ( girl )... There it is settled.... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment