Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Petting Zoo Adventure & so much more!

Today was a blog worthy day. Our cute, no wait, excuse me, our "handsome" little nephew, Ethan came to our house to play. (He informed me that he is NOT cute--he is handsome!) He is one of four sons that belong to Kevins oldest brother Gary and his wife Aironn. She always has the funniest stories from the happenings at their home, so you all should check out her blog. We started out just playing with toys and of course the noisiest ones are always the favorites. Then we went to the Petting Zoo at Thanksgiving Point. They got to ride on the ponies! Both boys really loved that. After the Petting Zoo, it was off to pick up Kevin to go for lunch at McDonalds. I bet you all can guess who picked McDonalds for lunch. I am really freaked out by that place and all of the germ infested toys, but all kids seem to think its a little piece of heaven. Kevin must have enjoyed it too, because he said that we should do this more often. Then he continued to say that we should take each of the boys for a week at a time in the summer because Cohen would just love it and it would give Aironn a break(Gary fights wild fires, so he is gone the majority of the summer). Air, if I were you I would pick up the phone and get a committment out of him before he changes his mind.

This adorable pic was taken by "Uncle Kev." You can tell by the look on his face how happy he is. This is a first for him. I've tried to avoid McDonalds up until now. There is no going back..is there?!?! He loves slides! While Cohen was down for his nap, Ethan decided that he wanted to take pictures of me. Don't worry, I won't post all of them. There are even some of just my feet. He is quite the kid! After about 20 shots of just me, I convinced him that we should take some of both of us. These are our best fish faces, just in case you couldn't tell. Ethan loves to pose for the camera and give big cheesy grins. So cute. He climbed into this little house and got hurt on the way in. Poor boy. He is very accident prone lately. Last friday he fell down our front porch. That should explain the scrape on his nose. Ethan on his pony ride. Cohen on his pony ride.
Kids say the funniest things!
So I am in the kitchen getting Ethan and I water after a hard day of playing and for the first time all day he takes a long hard look at my ever-expanding belly. I think he hadn't noticed before now.
Ethan: Do you have another baby in your belly?
Me: Yes Ethan I do. Isn't that exciting?
Ethan: Pauses for a moment...still staring right at my belly...then shouts out "WOW! That's a really BIG baby!"

6 comments:

Laura said...

thanks for the invite!!!

aironn said...

Wow! I wasn't doing too bad without my little buddy until I see him in the pictures. Man I miss that kid! Thanks for taking such awesome care of him today while Mom was at work. You're right too; there is NO going back once you've crossed into the McDonald playground realm of parenting!

Laura said...

You always get to do the fun stuff. E is starting to look more and more like Tom i think. Looks way fun!!

Allisha said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun. Cohen is getting so big. That's so funny about the comment Ethan made to you. I think you look great as usual. Hope to see you soon!

Allisha said...

Amy-I have to tell you. Ezra was behind me saying "Cohen Cute" looking at your blog. I'm glad they're such good buddies.

Matchbox Mom said...

Oh how much fun is that?!! Soo cute!
Good luck trying to stay away from McDonald's now! I hear screaming everytime we pass by one...grrr.
Glad you had a great day! How fun!